May 21 – Departing Dayton

We spent a few hours at the Hamvention Saturday. That was the only thing spent. I continued to resist buying anything else. We picked up a replacement microwave and installed it in the afternoon. I think we’ll replace it at the next Walmart we find on our trip.

We stayed around the campground all day Sunday. We had breakfast at the camp buffet and spend a quiet morning reading the Sunday newspaper. I installed the new 2-meter antenna bought on Friday for the APRS transmitter. I'm hoping that helps increase the range.

This has been a very enjoyable campground. The staff has been friendly and helpful. The facilities are clean and fresh. We’d stay here again if we were ever in the Dayton area again.
Tomorrow, we continue our travels. We hope to spend the Memorial Day weekend at Shenandoah then drive down to Cape Hatteras for a few days. I’m not sure when we will have WiFi again.