April 18th – Ranger, TX to Shreveport, LA

Yesterdays rain and thunder left the sky covered in clouds. This makes for nice driving conditions when you are heading into the sun. Alice’s sister, Mary, met us at the Ivyz restaurant in North Richland Hills, TX. The food was good and plentiful. I ordered the veggie omelet with grits and a biscuit and gravy sides. I could only eat the grits, and biscuit and gravy. The omelet is still sitting in the RV refrigerator. Mary didn’t have the heavy side orders, so made a bigger dent in her omelet.

A lot of my allowance flows into the Texas Towers amateur radio store in Plano, TX, so of course I had to stop in to see what the place was actually like. Like most amateur radio stores, it was small and well stocked with equipment and accessories. I almost bought a new antenna for the RV’s APRS locator transmitter. Then I remembered that I wanted to keep that installation a stealth as possible --- no use in advertising “equipment inside”.

While we were traveling, Tim Butler called to ask us to stop at his house along our way. It was only a few miles away from our route. The traffic along I-20 became more stop than go because of construction. So we pressed the magic GPS detour button and that box guided us along some interesting back roads to our destination.

An hour or two of talking about Roadtreks and travels pass quickly. Tim and Yvette were marvelous hosts and their house was very comfortable. They own a very nice 2005 Chevrolet 190P.

We were hoping to reach Shreveport this night but the traffic on I-20 really tired us out. We stopped for gas at a Flying J that is about 15-miles before Shreveport. We both looked and without saying a word, we spend the night right there. Shreveport can wait until tomorrow.

(I'm not adding pictures because it takes too long. See pictures on Picasa site.)